Telenor Pakistan Jobs Service Operations Support Officer IT
Last Date to Apply: 8th May, 2020
Division: Telenor GSS Pakistan
Position Title: Service Operations Support Officer – IT
Job Group: 1A
Department: DCP IT
Why should you join Telenor Why should you join Telenor. Telenor gives you the opportunity to become a skilled professional in your chosen field of interest. Rated as the top employer of the country, Telenor enables you to realize your dreams in an environment of diversity and openness to new mindsets.
Telenor Global Shared Services Pakistan, a Shared Service Centre, is a service provider of IT Solutions and various allied IT and functional support services in finance & accounts to Telenor Group companies globally. Telenor GSS Pakistan helps Telenor Business Units to handle their day to-day, non-core and repetitive processes and operations so that they can focus their energies and resources on strategic initiatives that give them a competitive edge.
Telenor GSS Pakistan is seeking to fill the position of Service Operations IT Support Officer.
- Provide excellent technical and functional support to end user
- Ensure timely resolution of Incidents and requests, maintaining highest level of quality
- Identify and suggest areas to improve
- Contribute towards the team and organizational goals
- To work in different shifts, weekends and public holidays.
Your Typical day at work
- Answer phone calls, chats, emails and use of ticketing system for troubleshooting and support.
- Act as the first point of contact to resolve or fulfill the incidents/requests related to IT infrastructure and applications (e.g. Azure, Office365 complete suite, Windows 10, Exchange, SFB, SharePoint online, Connectivity and Infra, IAM).
- Tickets Analysis on daily/weekly/monthly basis, identification of problematic areas, finding a permanent solution or to raise with relevant team/SPOC for permanent solution.
- Follow-up with users and technical vendor on status of tickets that are waiting on further information or confirmation of resolution
- Act as point of contact for coordination with infrastructure vendor; activities related to Citrix, Firewall ports openings, Tunneling and VPNs, hardware and software configurations, access to GSS IT systems in Portfolio, SSL certificates, etc
- Assist Services Operation Manager to deliver on Customer SLA
- Stay updated on and present the planned activities for the platform
- Participate in customer escalation meetings (with or without vendors)
- Challenge vendors / other functional teams on suggested workarounds and costs
- Responsible for quality assurance/SOA compliance on deliveries
- Reporting on daily / weekly productivity and performance
- Education: BS(CS), BS(IT), MIT,BS(SE)
- Certification: (will be given preference): ITIL V3 Foundation Microsoft Related Certifications (MCSA/MCSE)
- 2 – 3 years of proven support experience on Microsoft Platforms e.g. Azure, Office365 complete suite, Windows 10, Exchange, SFB, SharePoint online.
- Good understanding and experience of network connectivity, IT security, IT architecture and infrastructure
- Good understanding and experience of ITIL framework.
- Customer service oriented: excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and positive customer-centric attitude
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience within IT development, outsourcing and offshore delivery organizations and with Shared Service deliveries
- Team player, but also analytical and able to work individually and independently.
Potential Career Path:
- Domain lead in Service Operations (IT, Fin, HR)
- Service Management Analysts /Lead . Apply