Regional Finance Manager
Job description / Role
My client is urgently seeking an experienced finance professional from the aerospace / aviation industry, to lead their finance function during an exciting phase of expansion.
My client is an exclusive and high-end business, working in the aviation field. They are based near Sharjah airport, easily commutable in less than 30 minutes from Dubai.
Preparation of accurate and timely financial and management reports, to include, but not limited to:
* Annual Budget and periodic Forecasts
* Monthly management accounts
* Monthly and Quarterly reporting packs in line with company and group requirements. Including insightful variance analysis and commentary explaining the impact of Operational performance on monthly financial performance, forecasts and budget.
* Monthly overhead reviews
* Weekly Cash forecasts
* Financial, commercial and project analysis to support business growth
* Annual audit files and statutory accounts
Provide a finance business partnering service to the organisation, ensuring an active partnership with both operations and management at all levels of the finance team.
Management and development of finance team to deliver key responsibilities, allocating tasks, objective setting and evaluation of resources to ensure the appropriate cover is maintained within the team at all times
* Delivering comprehensive financial management through effective controls, business performance measures and financial planning
* Strong financial accounting skills to oversee monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation
* Control month-end and year-end close processes
* Management of the audit process and internal controls
* Ensuring that company processes and systems enhancements are delivered
* Managing the preparation VAT returns
* Management of cash flow and local bank relationships
* In return, my client can offer a competitive salary, in addition to benefits, and excellent progression opportunities.
* Qualified Accountant – CIMA, ACCA, ACA, etc.
* At least 5 years post qualification experience in management role
* Experience in GCC essential
* Technically strong, with a high level of financial and management accounting expertise essential
* IFRS knowledge desirable
* Experience of strong controls while providing commercial and financial support to a management team
* Demonstrable experience of managing and developing a diverse team as well as leadership skills
* Ability to quickly adapt to a complex operating environment and engender confidence through your involvement with department heads, senior management and financial staff
* Confident individual with excellent communication skills, with the ability to build and develop relationships with stakeholders outside of finance and advising them on financial implications.
* Systems proficiency in Excel and general accounting and reporting software
* Exposure to an international environment, high transaction levels and varied sector experience all highly desirable