Visitor Experience Host
Closing date: Monday 23rd December 2019
No restraints. No limitations. We don’t simply push boundaries. We completely rethink them. McLaren Automotive exists to create breath-taking performance road cars.
With innovation at the core of all we do, every challenge starts with the same question. How can we do it better? This restless spirit runs right through McLaren Automotive. And the search for perfection is evident in everything we do.
To ensure McLaren Automotive continues its desire to be “the sportscar company”, we are looking for an Visitor Experience Host to join our Guest Relations team.
Purpose of the role:
Working within the Guest Relations team in the Technology Centre, this unique and diverse role poses a very exciting challenge for the successful candidate. You will have extensive contact with VIP/High Net Worth customers through all modes of communication and will be an integral part of the Visitor Experience Programme. You will be required to share your technical knowledge and personal enthusiasm of the McLaren brand, and its products, with all existing and potential new customers.
- Dealing with VIPs and High Net Worth individuals in a face to face environment, this role will be responsible for hosting customers and potential customers visiting the McLaren Technology Centre.
- Hosting the experience programme for each visit. You will need to articulate to guests
- Understand the McLaren brand, values and our heritage
- Overview of our working environment e.g. highlighting production processes at the McLaren Production Centre
- Provide product support and assist guests, or McLaren retailers when necessary with vehicle configuration sessions
- Assisting the team with handling all relevant internal tour management and visitor itineraries
- Working closely with the regional teams and retailers to increase tour uptake
- Provide on-event support at central events taking place throughout the year on an ad-hoc basis
- Maintaining client and company confidentiality in all aspects of the role
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience of working with UHNWI target audience group
- An understanding of McLaren road cars and associated vehicle production and build systems
- A clear understanding of, and passion for the McLaren brand is a key requirement
- A passion and a pride to hold a conversation about McLaren cars, Formula One and McLaren Heritage is essential as well as general automotive and technical information
- Previous customer facing experience is essential
- Exemplary spoken and face to face communication skills
- Exceptional personal presentation
- Excellent team working skills, demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships quickly with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Flexible and adaptable
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must have a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude and work calmly under pressure
- Ability to talk to people at any level with credible confidence
- Personal goal to strive for perfection
- Computer literate with a basic understanding of databases and IT packages
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mclaren.com.