Senior Structural Engineer (Steel Structures)
- Parsons – United Arab Emirates
- Dubai, UAE Date Posted: Sep 10
Senior Structural Engineer (Steel Structures) is responsible review of shop drawings, submittals and supervision of works pertaining to steel structures. He is responsible to assist Resident Engineer in performing all the administrative and operational functions necessary for the day to day operation of the project. Senior Structural Engineer (Steel Structures) is also responsible to co-ordinate various activities being supervised by other Engineers with in the part Contract Package assigned to him.
Some of the principal responsibilities Senior Structural Engineer (Steel Structures) is required to assist the Resident Engineer are;
• Ensure the Contractor’s compliance with the Contract Documents.
• Inspect all workmanship and material.
• Coordinate the supply of vertical and horizontal controls for the Contractor.
• Make layout checks on lines and grades.
• Coordination with other Contractors.
• Maintain all file records on designated forms. These records include all reports on work
force, equipment, progress, safety, etc.
• Review and approve the Contractor’s shop drawings.
• Locate, execute and interpret all materials testing according to the provisions in the
contract Documents and Standard Specifications.
• To ensure that the Contractor is not relieved of his responsibilities without Clients
• Check personnel, equipment and material costs for all Variation Orders and Change orders
required under the terms of the Contract.
• Preparation of the Monthly Report.
• Site Safety Monitoring wherein the monitoring activities, meetings, reviews, safety
violations, rectification measures, and accident reports are included in the Monthly
• Attend all meetings, and prepare written minutes for distribution.
• Review correspondence and prepare responses for signature.
• Review, update, monitor and report on the Contractor’s work schedules,
• Provide all photographs before, during, and after construction necessary to provide
adequate documentation of changes in site and adjacent structures.
• Review and approve the Contractor’s plans for protection of existing buildings and
• Approve all restoration or final clean-up work.
• Coordination with other Contractors, Departments and Agencies.
• Provide a “punch list” and final inspection.
• Check and approve “as-built” drawings submitted by the Contractor and maintain a status log.
To apply for this job please visit wwwparsons..com.