- Five Continents 5CE
- Abu Dhabi, UAE Date Posted: SEP 12
Apply On Company Site
Job purpose and Scope:
Carries out mechanical repair, maintenance and overhaul activities in any of the company”s onshore and offshore sites or in the workshop. Covers equipment and machinery such as pumps of various types, compressors, gas turbines, electric motors, valves, fan units, gear-boxes etc.
- Receives instructions and obtains specified materials, spare parts and tools.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Mechanical Technician inspects, maintains, repairs and overhauls a variety of heavy plant and equipment in accordance with company standards, codes and practices.
- Dismantles, repairs or replaces various types of equipment and reassembles either on site or in the workshop. Carries out appropriated final tests under supervision.
- Submits a technical report on each item of equipment repaired for maintenance history records.
- Receives, identifies, and sorts incoming spare parts, components and consumable.
- Prepares, tags and ships out-going mechanical maintenance freight as required.
- Carries out vibration surveys for predictive maintenance. Includes collecting data using vibration analyzer, and submitting print-out to his supervisor for further analysis.
- Ensures all maintenance activities are conducted within company standing instructions and procedures and good oil industry practice.
- Ensures good housekeeping on the job site and maintains all tools and equipment in good order.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required.
- Completion of Secondary (Technical) education (12 years) followed by 2 years” full time formal training in mechanical trades.
- 5 years” experience in mechanical maintenance work in oil or petrochemical industry.
- Fair knowledge of English.
To apply for this job please visit 5-cont.com.