FIRE AND SAFETY SUPERVISOR
- Five Continents 5CE
- Abu Dhabi, UAE Date Posted: SEP 12
Apply On Company Site
FIRE AND SAFETY SUPERVISOR
Lead and participate in the duties of the fire fighting and rescue team. Inspect, test and maintain fire and safety protection system I equipment and lifesaving appliances. Perform Safety and fire watch activities and ensure compliance with the safety requirements during normal and critical activities.
- Participate in / lead a team engaged in rescue / firefighting /emergency activities with the proper use of fire, safety and lifesaving equipment / systems.
- Perform preventive maintenance on the various types of fire, safety and lifesaving equipment which includes complete checks, servicing, repairing and supervising contracted assistants while undertaking maintenance work.
- Lead and Participate in regular safety firefighting / emergency drills and practical training/ emergency team members on the proper use of the fixed, portable and mobile firefighting equipment and systems. Provide guidance of fire, safety and Rescue to the On-Scene Commander.
- Conduct periodical inspection on fixed extinguishing system (NOVEC, HALON, CO2, deluges, sprinklers, water, foam and dry powder). Inspect, test and maintain fire hoses, hydrants, monitors, isolation valves and couplings.
- Ensure all the safety conditions and requirements are implemented. Leads the emergency team training.
- Perform inspection and basic maintenance of the safety equipment; breathing apparatus, escape sets, portable gas monitors, safety harnesses and protective personal equipment.
- Operate and test lifesaving equipment such as life boats, life raft in addition to their basic maintenance. Act, when required, as a life boat coxswain for evacuation of personnel during emergencies / drills.
- Ensure all safety requirement and conditions are implemented prior and during hot works and critical / risky activities such as hot works on live equipment / pipelines, vessel entries, pigging operations, structure repairs, plant modification, etc..
- Conduct gas tests (combustibles, toxic and 02) to ensure gas free conditions are maintained during hot works / vessel entries.
- Assist in practical training on the use of fire, safety and lifesaving equipment and prepare the breathing apparatus / escape sets ready for training and use.
- Assist UAE developees to follow their training program.
- Carry out other or similar related duties as directed by HSE TL in addition to maintaining the fire and safety workshop and stores.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filling pre-designed forms and reports on fire/safety equipment maintenance, inspection, testing and inventory.
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering or equivalent
- 5 years practical experience in firefighting and lifesaving activities in offshore oil/gas production or oil marine tankers companies using modern firefighting / lifesaving methods and equipment.
To apply for this job please visit 5-cont.com.