Director Food and Beverage
Dubai,UAE Date Posted: Jul 18
To direct and organize the activities of the Food & Beverage department, including but not limited to Banquet Operations, Restaurants, Room Service and Bars and to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
- To plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food and Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments such as room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, stewards, etc
- Monitor and when necessary, develop and implement schedules for the operation of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result
- Participate with the chef and restaurant managers in the creation and merchandising of attractive menu designs to attract a predetermined customer market
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments and monitor the food and beverage budget to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses
- Assist the departmental managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotions. Maximize food and beverage department profitability
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer satisfaction of the individual outlets, including banquet service, to recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand, customer dissatisfaction, or a change in competitive environment requires such changes. Investigate and resolve food quality and service complaints
- Develop, along with assistance from department heads, operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles such as budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel all food and beverage management team members according to HHC policies and procedures
- Insure compliance with all Hilton policies and procedures that relate to food and beverage, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget; develop short and long term financial operating plans.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, executive meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage program, which may require occasional weekend stay overs
- Participate in community public relations for the hotel.
- Operate traditional software programs such as Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and/or Outlook Express.
- Perform general cleaning tasks to adhere to health and safety standards.
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director of Operations/General Manager
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job;
- Ability to manage and direct staff.
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
High School graduate or equivalent required
ESSENTIAL and MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR THE ABOVE POSITION:
- A minimum 3 years” international experience as a Director of Food and Beverage in previous role.
- Experience in a luxury 5* Hotel with over 400 rooms and a large banquet operation (min 1000 pax)
- Excellent knowledge of Middle Eastern and Western cultures, knowledge of Asian culture is a plus.
- Luxury hotel experience is a must.
*Candidates who meet the above criteria, need to apply.
Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit www3.hilton.com.