Christmas Sales Assistant – Temporary
Working at Matalan is exciting, challenging, and fast paced! Our vision is to be the most trusted retailer of family value and we take this pretty seriously.
We’re one big family here at Matalan and as part of that family you can expect some great benefits and opportunities to develop your career, including:
- 20% Staff discount
- Our Family Extras Scheme – An exclusive discount website, which you as a valued member of our Matalan Family, can access and save money at hundreds of retailers across the country
- Pension Scheme
- Access to our ‘Your Voice’ forum allowing you to share your views and ideas
We are fully committed to creating a learning culture in all our stores so from day one you’ll get a great induction, access to our ‘Me Learning’ online platform and ongoing support and development to help you grow within your role
About The Role
Christmas is our busiest time of year at Matalan and as a part-time Sales Assistant you’ll play a huge part in delivering an amazing Customer Experience over the festive period.
As a Sales Assistant you’ll be a team player with a real focus on delivering an amazing Customer experience and excellent store standards on a daily basis. You’ll be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and do your best every day to meet targets and make sure that our Customers have the best in store experience possible.
So if you’re looking to join a hard working and passionate team, (and have some fun along the way!), a Sales Assistant role with Matalan could be for you.
- Greet Customers with a smile and provide them with product information in a friendly and efficient way
- Be aware of any seasonal trends and implement any changes on the sales floor
- Work positively and collaboratively with other team members
- Know our products and advise Customers accordingly
- Ensure in store standards are met and procedures are followed
- Be punctual, professional and well presented
To be part of our team, we’d like you to….
- Ideally have some experience within a retail environment, although this isn’t essential
- Be able to work flexibly including across weekends and evenings and during the busy Christmas period
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well as part of a team
- Be flexible, supportive and always willing to go the extra mile
Matalan value diversity and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
To apply for this job please visit matalan.jobs.