Website HM Courts and Tribunals Service
Administration officer at the Regional Support Unit in Exeter Combined Court
The Tribunals Service and Her Majesty’s Court Service were integrated into a single Agency, Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service on 1st April 2011. Bringing these two organisations together has removed duplication in management functions and increased the efficiency of the administration, which has enabled HMCTS to reduce what it spends away from the front line substantially.
Consequently, there are high expectations of all staff regardless of the job they do and high performance is expected from everybody. The organisation is continuously adopting new or better ways of working to ensure that it focuses on just that which is essential.
Band E staff will need to display a commitment to four key principles: Continuous change, LEAN principles, managing uncertainty and improving performance. All those appointed to new roles in HMCTS must be wholeheartedly committed to these principles and evidence this in their application.
As a new organisation HMCTS is embarking on a period of significant change and all staff in the new organisation will be expected to help and support each other with these changes.
The key purpose of the role is
Under the direction of the Operational & Business Support Officer assist in supporting the operations of the courts and tribunals within the Region, working as part of a flexible team. The postholder will be expected to undertake a range of the functions and responsibilities specified, the exact nature of each of the roles is to be determined as the RSU structure is embedded. It is not intended that each post will be responsible for the full range of duties.
Business Support & Assurance
- Assist with support to the Delivery Director, Heads of Crime and Civil, Family & Tribunals, Cluster Managers and Head of RSU in carrying out their functions.
- Prepare and distribute documentation for meetings, including agenda papers, supporting documentation and minutes.
- Provide administrative support services for the RSU team, including; organising meeting, managing diaries, booking travel, booking rooms, processing payments.
- Sift and distribute mail and correspondence, drafting response as directed.
- Undertake additional support and administrative related assignments as required.
- Maintain a repository for all operational documentation, publications and materials.
- Assist in RSU business assurance duties as required.
- Draft standard letters correspondence, minutes and notes, as required.
Business Management Information
- Assist with the provision of a comprehensive performance management and reporting framework across the Region.
- Act as a point of contact for enquiries from the courts and tribunals.
- Prepare, produce and distribute correspondence, reports, papers, statistical returns and other documentation as required.
- Maintain and update records, information systems and databases; this will include data inputting, initiating queries and running reports.
- Maintain detailed records/information tracking operational progress changes and improvements.
- Work with the courts and tribunals to resolve operational issues including logging and processing feedback and complaints.
- Undertake a data verification/data quality role as required.
Project and programme management
- Assist with the daily management of projects/programmes.
- Research, compile, process and coordinate project data as required.
Checking and verifying
- Ensure compliance and administration documentation meet quality standards.
Collecting and assembling information
- Collect and process data, for the team to present operational management reports.
- Produce basic statistical analysis reports and where required, process financial information.
Contacting the public, juries, the judiciary, other court and tribunal users and representatives of other agencies and Organisations
- Communicate and work with Cluster Managers, Court/Tribunal staff and other internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers to ensure the successful delivery of operational objectives.
- Reporting to the Operational & Business Support Officer
The post holder is required to work in a flexible way and undertake any other duties reasonably requested by line management which are commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post.
Please refer to Job Description
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Communicating and Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
- Access to learning and development
- A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options to enhance your work life balance
- A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
- A civil service pension
- Annual Leave
- Public Holidays
- Season Ticket Advance
For more information about the recruitment process, benefits and allowances and answers to general queries, please click the below link which will direct you to our Candidate Information Page.