LifeBook Ltd is a producer of private autobiographies for clients who wish to share their life stories with their families and friends in a memoir-style book that depicts their legacy. We are looking to expand our global network of ghostwriters with writers who are able to work on a regular stream of projects, each typically lasting three to four months.
Each of our authors offer their own unique story, and the role of the LifeBook ghostwriter is to use a series of 11 recorded interviews to tell the author’s story whilst maintaining an accurate representation of their voice in a memoir that they will share with their family today and for generations to come. Our goal is for anyone who reads the book to feel as if the author is telling their stories to them through the pages.
Our ghostwriters have excellent literary talents and a passion for writing. We try wherever possible to match writers to projects based on any shared knowledge or interests they may have with the author. This is a freelance writing role ideal for anyone who loves to write as a hobby or would like a regular supply of unique writing projects.
- Demonstrable writing and editing skills. Applicants will initially be asked to undertake a writing test that is representative of the kind of work they will be asked to do;
- An enthusiastic attitude with a desire to write well and take pride in what is produced;
- A keen eye and attention to detail; we have a duty of care to our authors to accurately capture their stories in full;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a project team;
- The ability to meet a 48-hour turnaround time when writing up each 90-minute interview;
- Experience using web-based platforms and Microsoft Word;
- The ability and willingness to adapt the writing style if required by the author and take on board any feedback from the author and editor;
- Your agreement to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion