Cloud Developer Experience Graduate Program
Your Role and Responsibilities
“IBM Developer Advocate” – a 1-year new-grad program
for young developers
Are you soon graduating from or still a Masters student in Computer Science or Software Engineering? Do you have hands-on programming and development experience? Are you passionate about engaging with the developer community?
Then this opportunity may interest you!
We are looking for enthusiastic young developers to be part of our team in
Karachi, Pakistan for a 1 year new-grad program.
- Engage in developer community and become and advocate for IBM Cloud
- Deliver IBM Cloud workshops, meet-ups and hackathons to connect with developers
- Extend the reach in the developer community by partnering with communities, influencers, accelerators, incubators etc.
- Drive IBM Cloud user registrations and retain them on the platform
- Onboard startups to IBM Global Entrepreneur Program
- Contribute on digital and social platforms with developer related IBM content
- Support Enterprise projects like demos, POCs etc.
Who you are:
- You have a software developer background, you like to write code and share what you know
- You have strong fundamental knowledge in programming languages and have projects to showcase
- You love to build apps, create solutions, interact with other developers and derive satisfaction from helping others learn by doing
- You are active in local and online developer and start-up communities
- You have passion and curiosity for technology – self-teach and continuously seek to improve skills
- You have good communication and presentation skills
- You like blogging about technology and contribute to on-line communities (GitHub, Stack Overflow etc.).
- You have marketing skills and business logic
- You enjoy working in teams and collaborating for better results
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Computer Science/ Information Technology Majors
extra curricularactivities including events planning, organizing
Excellent communication/presentation skills
GPA 3.2 & above
Fresh grads, up to 1 year of experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
Refer to the JD
Refer to the JD
About Business Unit
Digital Sales is a specialized sales organization with a purpose-built infrastructure consisting of Global Digital Sales Centers in Atlanta GA, Chicago IL, Dallas TX, and Littleton MA. Digital Sales teams engage with clients of all sizes and markets to grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Role ( Job Role )
New Collar Role
Early Professional Track
Up to 50% or 3 days a week (home on weekends – based on project requirements)
(0104) IBM Italia SPA – Pakistan Branch
Is this role a commission able /sales incentive based position?