Airlift Technologies Financial Controller
Airlift is building the world’s first decentralized mass transit network that enables local transporters to deploy mass transit systems for local populations. In the first year of launching operations, Airlift has raised $14.1M USD in venture financing and has scaled the business to multiple tens of thousands of daily rides. Airlift is backed by First Round Capital, a premier venture capital firm that is known for its seed stage investment in Uber.
The Finance Controller role at Airlift requires a capable leader who can implement best practices around process optimization, financial control and systems thinking. The role requires a data driven approach, high levels of attention to detail, and strong interpersonal and people management skills to drive toward the Company’s financial goals.
About The Role
This role will have high impact on, and high visibility toward, business-critical processes, and will require cross-functional collaborations with several other teams. The role presents an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses in Pakistan, one that is on a breakout trajectory to redefine how people commute in urban systems.
This candidate needs to be an autonomous operator with strong communication and quantitative skills and with prior experience in a finance operations or financial controlling function. Successful candidates will have prior experience working in Finance and will be excited to be a part of Airlift’s fast-paced work environment. We are seeking highly motivated individuals who are structured thinkers, who are problem solvers by default, and who gravitate toward a process-driven approach to solving operational challenges within the Finance Department. Candidates should be experts with excel.
- Manage a team of individual contributors on the finance and accounting team to drive high level results
- Lead reporting, accounting, and optimize financial control processes
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Manage working capital and reporting to the executive team for strategic decisions
- Provide support for month end reviews and budgeting process, forecasts, and annual operating plans
- Partner cross-functionally to drive improvements in streamlining financial processes
- Support Finance Lead with strategic financial analysis and fundraising requirements
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work alongside an exceptionally talented team
- A high-impact role in an area that is of crucial significance for the business
- High levels of autonomy in strategy and decision-making
- Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open channels of communication
- Competitive remuneration
Just So You Know
Airlift is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strictly prohibits discrimination of any kind. Airlift is committed to building the best team possible and all employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual potential and qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability. The Airlift team is diverse — we welcome and learn from different individual experiences and points of view that our team members bring to the table. We’re excited to have you inspire us with yours!