Accounting Manager Jobs 2020 T-Mobile Overland Park, KS, US
The Accounting Manager, is a key position within the Controller’s organization, responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for T-Mobile. This role reports to the Manager, Accounting as an individual contributor. The position will partner closely across various T-Mobile organizations and other Accounting teams, and has significant interaction across finance leadership including Directors, VP/Controller and SVP/Chief Accounting Officer.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in technical and operational accounting, the ability to work with large volumes of data and experience both implementing and optimizing complex systems and processes. This is a highly dynamic and continuously evolving area of T-Mobile’s business; the ideal candidate works well through ambiguity, thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment, and possesses excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ensure changes in business operations are accurately captured in the financial results of T-Mobile.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and SEC reporting requirements to ensure proper application in T-Mobile’s close and consolidation process. Perform technical accounting research, prepare memos and facilitate discussion with accounting leadership and the Accounting Policy team to reach alignment on accounting treatment.
- Review journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analyses, and disclosure schedules in accordance with T-Mobile accounting policies (both US GAAP and IFRS).
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place throughout certain areas of accounting responsibilities.
- Ensure quarter-end review and year-end financial audit processes are effectively supported and any issues are resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with operational business partners to identify issues and areas for operational improvement, share knowledge about financial trends and upcoming changes.
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams to support business initiatives, drive process improvements and implement best practices.
- Develop accounting solutions for enterprise projects and new product offerings.
- 6+ years of progressive experience required.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Wireless Industry experience preferred.
- Possesses an advanced understanding of accounting theory, current accounting issues, accounting systems and internal controls.
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple projects while meeting set deadlines of team deliverables.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of management and cross-functional teams.
- Experience in partnering successfully with IT on delivering system solutions and enhancements.
- Understanding of large-scale data mining and project reporting tools (SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Denoto, Jira, Essbase) is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant highly preferred.
As America’s Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: “TMUS”) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company’s advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously – By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services